ATK Rider's Forum Forum Index
ATK Rider's Forum Forum Index
ATK Rider's Forum

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Man these ATK's love the water!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeff@TireBalls

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Man these ATK's love the water! Reply with quote

This was Saturday at the annual Daniel Boone dual sport ride. It rained hard all night long friday and finally stopped right before the riders meeting Saturday morning.
The 120 mile coarse was filled with these...the 250LQ never missed a beat! I lost count of how many other brands were sitting on the banks with their bikes upside down pumping the water out.

PANTERA

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome pics!!
Ret. ATK racer

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: SWIMMER Reply with quote

YES COOL PIKS AND RIDE, DUMB QUESTION, HOW DID YOU POST THE PIKS TO THE SITE ??
Jeff@TireBalls

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: SWIMMER Reply with quote

Ret. ATK racer wrote:
YES COOL PIKS AND RIDE, DUMB QUESTION, HOW DID YOU POST THE PIKS TO THE SITE ??

You have to host them offsite, copy the link from where they are hosted then click the IMG button at the beginning and end of the link.

Like this but don't put the period before the http

[img].http://cdalejef.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/1999-ATK-250LQ/-/805541425_kQCxP-L.jpg[/img]
graybeard.tom

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: a genuinely water cooled LQ 250 Reply with quote

jeff:
photo looks like your way past the side cuts into the airbox - did you have them taped shut? or any other water proofing done before the ride?
i've always been somewhat nervous about water crossings based on some of the early posts here that stated problems with ignition systems in water crossings. my 99 & 00 models both have a small drain hole at bdc of the stator housing; evidently some of the earlier models may not have and someone advised drilling a drain hole. others advise spraying wd-40 into stator assembly to repel moisture. comments?

and inquiring minds want to know - how did the pj36 swap work out? i've got the tmx jetting sorted out, and have no real complaints with them. but i'm curious about your experiences.
tom
Jeff@TireBalls

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: a genuinely water cooled LQ 250 Reply with quote

graybeard.tom wrote:
jeff:
photo looks like your way past the side cuts into the airbox - did you have them taped shut? or any other water proofing done before the ride?
i've always been somewhat nervous about water crossings based on some of the early posts here that stated problems with ignition systems in water crossings. my 99 & 00 models both have a small drain hole at bdc of the stator housing; evidently some of the earlier models may not have and someone advised drilling a drain hole. others advise spraying wd-40 into stator assembly to repel moisture. comments?

and inquiring minds want to know - how did the pj36 swap work out? i've got the tmx jetting sorted out, and have no real complaints with them. but i'm curious about your experiences.
tom

No my airbox and filter are stock, no mods at all.

It runs and starts much better plus has more bottom end with the 36mm PJ, the only problem that I have with it is that it doesn't have an idle circuit so I had to set the idle with the throttle cable.
I may eventually go with a 36mm PWK that has that circuit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ATK Rider's Forum Forum Index -> Motorcycles All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: