ATK Rider's Forum Forum Index
ATK Rider's Forum Forum Index
ATK Rider's Forum

GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Brake light

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jesseward

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:29 am    Post subject: Brake light Reply with quote

Anyone have any input as to why my brake light does not light when my brake lever is pulled? The light works, and hAs a new bulb, but when the front or rear brakes are applied, the light does not get brighter (like it should). All the wires look good, I'm just kinda stumped on this one. Thanks for you time on the forum guys, Jesse
Huskyfatman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had to replace my front switch once and the rear twice, Motoxotica had them in stock. Easy fix.
justeen45

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huskyfatman wrote:
I've had to replace my front switch once and the rear twice, Motoxotica had them in stock. Easy fix. led lights manufacturer

Please provide me any picture or process. Any other suggestions for finding one?
Thanks for sharing... I waiting for your nice comments...
Huskyfatman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tested the old switches with a test light and got nothing. Just unplugged and unscrewed the old units, screwed in the new ones and hooked up the wires. It didn't leak much fluid so I just left it as is. The rear one seems prone to failure and sometimes I've had to clean the connectors.
amp333

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't remember the thread on the rear brake switch but i think it was 10mm x 1.0 The next time I replace the switch I was going to try one from Pegasus auto racing only $12.99

https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/group.asp?GroupID=BANJOLIGHT
Justinhughes

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: Brake light Reply with quote

Jesseward wrote:
Anyone have any input as to why my brake light does not light when my brake lever is pulled? The light works, and hAs a new nice led lights, but when the front or rear brakes are applied, the light does not get brighter (like it should). All the wires look good, I'm just kinda stumped on this one. Thanks for you time on the forum guys, Jesse

Check fuse and switch connections
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ATK Rider's Forum Forum Index -> Motorcycles All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: